Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Peach Picking

Last Monday, William and I found ourselves at Lewin's Farm again. Peach picking begins mid-July and ends mid-August but the peaches ripened earlier this year due to the warm weather.

It was a beautiful day without rain and cooler temperatures and because it was a Monday, not many people were there.



 Someone gave me a hard time about taking pictures.

The peaches were bigger the further back we walked.

 I decided that I want a peach tree in the backyard of my dream home.

 I love the way this picture came out. Such a typical William face.


The reason I love Lewin's Farm is because they have recipes and cobbler/crisp mixes for whatever season it is. I used their mix to make the strawberry crisp and made a peach crisp after we let the peaches ripen. I also picked up a cobbler mix for fresh berries.


I discovered these little guys on the strawberry plant I potted earlier this spring. Frannie and I ate them and they were so sweet! I'm thinking of planting these strawberries in the ground next year.
We went to Pet Smart to pick up a birthday gift for Rosie, my kitty, and picked up an adorable quiche for Frannie! Like everything else we give, she had it digested by the end of the night.

3 comments:

  1. You're so cute =) Where do you get all the great date ideas from!!!?? I want to steal them all =P It's so nice seeing you!

    Love,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those peaches were so good, when we going back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe next week, before we start school?

    ReplyDelete