Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Date Night

A few days ago William and I went on another date at a cupcake shoppe.

Like many other girls out there, I one day dream of having my very own cupcake shoppe with dozens of varieties of cupcakes that come with a glass of milk, and lots of pink all over the place. I make cupcakes all the time and love to try different recipes. I have cupcake books and go crazy over sprinkles and cupcake liners, especially the seasonal ones!

 Over a year ago I went searching for the perfect cupcake shoppe on Long Island and was disappointed with the lack of results. But I stumbled upon Cupcake Gourmet in Huntington and after seeing their website, I knew I had to give it a try.

It was the place I was looking for, with funky colored purple and lime green walls, and children's artwork hanging up all over the place. The perfect music and simple tables and chairs. There motto was adorable--peace, love, and cupcakes.  Oh, and of course, the cupcakes were delicious!

William LOVES the apple pie cupcake. It's adorable, and looks just like a mini-pie. It's an apple cinnamon cupcake with apple filling on top. He has to get one every time we go. 

 I got an apple pie to go, but had a rainbow chocolate chip cupcake at the shoppe. It was adorable and delicious! William took one to go, too.


I absolutely recommend Cupcake Gourmet in Huntington. It is an adorable little shop, affordable, and if you get a chance to meet the owner, she is a sweetheart! She's living her dream and doing it pretty well, if I do say so myself!

2 comments:

  1. The apple pie cupcake is the best, you should have given me yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys have such cute date ideas! We are also cupcake fans so we will have to check it out =)

    ReplyDelete