Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Two Years

August 14th was my second year anniversary with William. We decided to go to the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk, Connecticut because they were having a dinosaur exhibit for the summer. We went to the aquarium for our anniversary last year, and plan on going to either the Atlantic City aquarium or the Mystic aquarium in Connecticut for our third year anniversary (don't judge, I love aquariums/marine life).

How could we pass up Dino Summer?

I can't understand how they did this, but all of the dinos made sounds!



Flounders make me laugh hysterically whenever I see them...it must be those crazy eyes.

These were just the cutest little things and the sounds they made were absolutely adorable!


How cool is this blue lobster? 



Whatever this huge fish was, he laid at the bottom of the tank, looking dead. When he finally moved, he startled William and I so much!

This little guy was taking a nap! We also caught a bit of the seal show.



I would love to one day have a seahorse tank...


I wish I knew what these things were. They were stuck to the side of the tank.

The shark tank was a little disappointing. It was very small, and the aquarium doesn't own that many sharks. The room was also too dark for any good pictures.

I did however, LOVE the jellyfish room that the aquarium had!


I'm glad the Myspace-esque photos we took of ourselves outside came out decent.

The aquarium was located in a quaint little town with a beautiful view of a river? the Great South Bay? (I really don't know my Connecticut geography, sorry)


We also enjoyed the history and photographs of the Long Island Sound. However, it only featured Connecticut fisherman. Excuse me, Maritime Aquarium, but it is called the Long Island Sound, too, you know. Show us some love!

All in all, we had a very enjoyable second anniversary. I made chipotle-mango chicken on the night of our anniversary and for dessert I made this tasty recipe from the always enjoyable baking blog, Sprinkle Bakes! I highly recommend this recipe (it isn't as difficult as it may seem at first) and I always enjoy looking through her recipes!

1 comment: