Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

A Simple Photo


 I was resizing this picture of me and my grandfather for an Education presentation and decided to post about it.

This picture was taken in June 2009. My parents, brother, grandmother and grandfather (who I call Poppy) were attending an Italian heritage scholarship ceremony. I wrote a very personal essay about my pride for my Italian background and was awarded a scholarship for my achievement while studying Italian throughout high school. My grandfather was unbelievably proud of me and it was such a good feeling to read my essay aloud to him and my other family members.

After we took this photo, my grandfather demanded copies. Seeing as it wasn't taken on my camera, but by one of the members of the Italian association, I didn't receive the photo until months later via email. Unfortunately, I was never able to print out a photo copy for him.

This past Christmas, I got the perfect idea for a gift for Poppy. I decided to print the photo at CVS and frame it for him as part of his gift. To say that he loved it would be an understatement. He was practically in tears when he unwrapped it, and sincerely repeated to me that it was the best gift he's ever received.

No comments:

Post a Comment