Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Untited

So this semester was pretty grueling and demanding. Obviously I survived it. Now I'd like to return to blogging. I like the idea of making this my own little place to write whatever I want, ultimately preserving my thoughts and ramblings as I go through specific moments in my life.

I graduated! To be honest, I really don't feel any different. Perhaps this is because I realize I still have a lot ahead of me. Six to eight years of graduate school or possibly a PhD program are what lies between me and a PhD in Film Studies. That is what I want to do more than anything--to analyze, read about, and write about film. Eventually I'd also like to teach film history, or work in preserving film.

I'm taking a year off to not only collect myself, but to work full time. I will most likely be moving out of state to attend grad school. I'm shooting for, but not banking on, UC Berkeley. It was my dream school when I was younger, but I never applied. Moving across country wasn't appealing to me at 18 years old, and it certainly worked out.

That's all for now, but I'm excited to start writing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment